Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Springtime Issues

Week 2 of the Dad Administration started off with a phenomenon that is quite routine to us but I'm sure quite bizarre to Ella: the changing of the clocks for Daylight Savings. I think Ella would've just preferred to not have to "spring forward." Normally, Ella gets up around 7-7:30 am and after breakfast and some playtime, is back down for a 3-4 hour nap by 9:30. After the weekend's clock rearrangment, Ella's schedule is all thrown off. Both yesterday and today I ended up waking Ella up around 8:30. Yesterday, she finally made it to sleep for her morning nap at 11:15, forcing me to abandon my plans of taking her in with me to work so I could be present for the sentencing of a defendant I convicted in trial last month. Today, the schedule was even more fouled up, with her not getting to sleep until nearly 12:30. I think tomorrow I may try waking her up at her normal hour and seeing if that recalibrates her internal clock.

Springtime, though beautiful, hasn't been terribly kind to me, either. It took 5 years, but apparently my body has finally succumbed to the Miami Valley effect, as it appears I have developed the common springtime allergies that plague so many. With our first batches of flowers beginning to bloom in the garden, my nose has turned into a drippy faucet and sneezing has become common.

Today was the first day Ella got to watch her Baby Einstein DVD that my secretary gave to us when Ella was born. The above picture is Ella doing just that. Cara, if you're reading: I think she likes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home